Objective: To place athletes on a team that fits their personality, skill level and ability to listen and follow instructions. What are we looking for?
Elite teams: athletes who demonstrate natural talent, willingness to learn, above average work ethic, passion for the sport and a strong family support system.
Prep teams: athletes who demonstrate a strong work ethic, willingness to learn, enjoy the sport and have a good family support system (might not be the most naturally talented athletes).
Set-up: (staff should arrive 30-45 minutes before placements start to clean, tidy and prepare for the evening)
- sweep & mop the reception area, parent seating area, bathrooms, etc.
- ensure that there are printed copies of the Information Package available for parents to browse through
- have a copy of the Information Package at the front desk for staff to reference when parents ask questions
- wipe/dust all surfaces
- ensure that bathrooms are fully stocked (toilet paper, paper towels, soap, etc.)
- ensure that all toilets are clean (under the lid/seat/etc.)
- ensure that all lights are on and that the gym looks welcoming
- check all athletes in at front desk: check for waiver, get try-out form, name tag and payment
- send athletes in to the gym to wait to get started (be conversational with kids while waiting to start)
- Follow the Guide for the correct age group
- Take notes of any athlete that stands out as naturally talented OR any athlete that stands out as exceptionally unsuitable for an elite team (anyone can be on a prep team)