Running a Successful Class (Tumble, Ninja etc.)
Objective: To provide a fun place for athletes of all ages to learn, grow and prosper. Learning happens best in a fun and exciting atmosphere where there is lots of smiles and sweat.
- Arrive prepared with your practice plan/lesson plans. Instructor time is to be used for instruction with students, NOT for preparing for class or visiting with other coaches, athletes, parents, etc.
- During practice (everything from warm-up to conditioning to power-chat), coaches should NEVER be in a line across the floor. Always create a dynamic coaching experience for the kids by having a maximum of 1 coach at the front of the floor. The other coaches should be on the floor (back, sides, etc.) and engaging with kids.
- Warm-up & stretch. Warm-up is to be led by instructors for all athletes. Age-appropriate warm-ups are provided and must be followed. Stretch must be led by instructors.
- Practice plan. Follow your practice plan that was prepared BEFORE you arrived at work.
- If applicable – Conditioning. Conditioning should always be FUN and needs to be facilitated by coaches. Conditioning is not an opportunity for coaches to take a break. Coaches should be encouraging athletes on the floor and making sure that conditioning is a FUN part of practice.
- FUN. Always finish practice with something fun.
- Character Words. End your practice time with your Character Word Chat for the day. Remember, It must be rehearsed and prepared BEFORE class. This is part of arriving prepared with a practice plan.